- Vehicle Fitment
BC Racing HM Series Coilovers for the 1997-2001 Subaru Impreza WRX (GC6/GC8) get its great qualities from a combination of two previous BC Racing Coilover Systems - the RM Series and ER Series. The HM Series uses an inverted mono-tube damper, just like the RM Series, but adds the independent compression and rebound adjustment of the ER Series. The external reservoirs house the secondary damping piston, and allow for a higher oil capacity with the added benefit of increased thermal dissipation.
For vehicles with front and rear McPherson struts, the HM Series comes standard with an inverted mono-tube damper. The damper has a steel braided line exiting the top of the damper leading to the external reservoirs that can be remotely mounted on the chassis for easy adjustment.
Vehicles with a Double A-Arm suspension come with upright dampers. These dampers have steel braided lines or solid stems that exit the damper at the bottom and lead to the external reservoir that can be mounted under the chassis or on the shock body itself.
Not all vehicles allow for inverted front and rear dampers. In such cases, an upright mono-tube damper will be supplied. The braided line/hard stem for the external reservoir exits the base of the damper when not inverted.
For Subaru's and other McPherson suspension vehicles that are heavily tracked, the BC Racing HM Series Coilover System is definitely worth checking out!
- Highly customizable
- Swift Springs come standard on HM Series Coilovers
- Inverted mono-tube damper
- Linear twin-piston design
- Height adjustment independent of spring compression
- 30-clicks of compression adjustment via the external reservoirs
- 30-clicks of rebound adjustment from the bottom of the damper
- Front and rear camber plates standard on all applicable kits
- Front and rear pillowball standard when camber plates do not apply
- Custom spring rates available
- Custom valved to match the drivers requested spring rates
- 2 year warranty against manufacturing defects
- Fully rebuildable
|Part Name||HM Series Coilovers|
|Vehicle||1997-2001 Subaru Impreza WRX|
|Front Springs (kg/mm)||62-180-10kg|
|Rear Springs (kg/mm)||62-220-8kg|
|Front Swift Springs (kg/mm)||62-178-X|
|Rear Swift Springs (kg/mm)||62-228-X|
|Front Camber Plates||Included|
|Rear Camber Plates||Included|
- 1997 Subaru Impreza WRX (GC6/GC8)
- 1998 Subaru Impreza WRX (GC6/GC8)
- 1999 Subaru Impreza WRX (GC6/GC8)
- 2000 Subaru Impreza WRX (GC6/GC8)
- 2001 Subaru Impreza WRX (GC6/GC8)
In-Stock Products: 1-3 business days
Products that are in-stock and do not require customization ship the same business day if ordered before 2pm ET. Orders placed after 2pm ET will ship the following business day.
Out of Stock: About 3-4 weeks
If an item is out of stock, the average lead time is 3-4 weeks before shipping.
Custom Builds: About 3-4 weeks
Custom builds include any combination of the following options:
- Custom spring rates
- Extreme Low
- Swift Springs
- DS Series
- ER Series
- HM Series
- RM Series
- ZR Series
Custom spring rates are available at no additional cost. Rates up to 20K are available in both BC Racing springs and Swift Springs. Rates ranging from 20K to 40K will require Swift Springs.
Transit Time: 1-6 days
All BC Racing Coilovers ship UPS Ground from BC Racing North America located in Oviedo, FL. The map below shows the average time it takes for the shipment to arrive at its destination.
- All prices, specs, fitment, and drop are subject to change without notice
- All kits are 2WD unless specified AWD
- Notes regarding electronic damping (EDC, DDS, etc.) pertain to physical fitment only. BC Racing kits DO NOT interface w/ OEM electronic damping control systems.
⚠️ CALIFORNIA WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov
Questions & Answers
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.